To All SMSB Employees,
Like many companies, SMSB is closely monitoring the situation around the global outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19). Because our top priority is the health and safety of all SMSB employees and your families, while providing you with the highest level of comfort while you are working through this unsettling time, we continue to monitor the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). As the situation remains everchanging, we will share and adjust our prevention policy as necessary to navigate through the business challenges coronavirus presents.
As instructed by the CDC the most important behavior we can all take to prevent catching or spreading an infectious illness is to practice good hygiene. These simple steps include:
- Do not come to work if you have symptoms (a temperature above 100.4 F / 38 C and/or are displaying respiratory symptoms).
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid shaking hands or other personal greetings that involve physical contact.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your elbow, or sneeze into a tissue, then throw the tissue in a covered trashcan.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular antibacterial household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. Ensure you clean under your fingernails as this is an area that can hide the infectious virus.
- Clothing can also harbor the virus, so if you cough or sneeze into your sleeve, it will remain there for several days.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
SMSB Travel Restriction
- Until further notice all non-essential business travel i.e. travel not urgent or critical to the business is canceled until further notice.
- In situations where social interaction is limited and essential travel is necessary, we will evaluate each situation individually and determine the level of protection required.
- In the event of self-quarantine or corporate quarantine, SMSB has communication systems that will enable us all to perform our daily work functions from our home computer. We are currently volume testing systems and startup protocols that are already in place for our remote users. We also recently installed a video conference system that will facilitate routine face to face conversations when necessary.
- To address an important question that affects a few, for those whose work functions cannot be performed at home e.g. Image Capture then your immediate supervisor will provide direction if the circumstance arises.
For the protection of yourself and fellow workers, it is our advice that you adhere to these guidelines for your personal travel however in the event it is critical, please discuss this with you supervisor in advance so arrangements can be made to continue to maintain the circle of protection we have established.
We all hope that quarantine restrictions do not prove necessary but we want to be prepared in the event they do.